As the primary representative in the bar area of either the restaurant or banquet facility, the function of the Bartender is to provide guest enthusiasm, manage the operations of the designated bar area, prepare classic and innovative drinks, support the servers to fulfill beverage needs, exceed guests needs and expectations and build and maintain the prestige of the restaurant, bar and banquet facilities.
- Assists restaurant administration team and provides scheduling of bar operations and preparations.
- Checks guest identifications and observes guest behavior to alcohol in order to ensure compliance with all food and beverage regulations, State laws and venue policies.
- Maintains bar costs and budget, keeping accurate records for review by restaurant administration team.
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation protocols of the bar areas, which includes, but is not limited to the daily assigned bar tasks to be maintained throughout the hours of operation and prior to the end of shift, or closing.
- Maintains personal hygiene standards and adheres to hygiene requirements of the venue.
- Practices safety standards within the bar and operations of all equipment, tools, service ware and utensils in order to prevent injuries or unwanted incidents.
- Assist with communications and transactions with suppliers for timely deliveries.
- Assists with acquisition of all bar goods and stock inventories, including alcohol, ingredients and equipment.
- Plans and presents bar menus, develops new drink recipes and plans for maintenance of classic, specialty and successful drink recipes.
- Prepares and mixes ingredients and prepares alcohol cocktails, other alcohol drinks or non-alcohol beverages for bar, restaurant and banquet guests.
- Interacts with guests and fulfills orders for snacks and drinks.
- Supports staff of servers and fulfills servers’ drink orders for guests.
- Maintains the quality control and timeliness of all served snacks and beverages.
- Maintains guest focus in order to nurture an excellent guest experience.
- Interacts with guests, receives comments or complaints, and manages customer relations for the success of the bar operations, service levels and presentation.