As the head of the kitchen management structure, the primary function of the Chef is to build, manage and maintain the quality of all prepared and served food and the prestige of the restaurant and banquet facilities.
- Management and scheduling of kitchen operations and overall kitchen staff.
- Plans and supervises all training programs for overall kitchen staff in order to ensure that their duties are being carried out to the extent of their fullest potential.
- Controls kitchen costs and maintains budget, keeping accurate records for review by restaurant administration team.
- Supervises and maintains the cleanliness and sanitation protocols of the kitchen.
- Supervises and maintains the hygiene standards and requirements for all kitchen staff.
- Implements and manages the overall safety standards within the kitchen and operations of all equipment and tools in order to prevent injuries or unwanted incidents.
- Responsible for communications and transactions with suppliers for timely deliveries.
- Manages acquisition of all kitchen goods, services and inventories, including ingredients and equipment.
- Oversees the timely rotation of food products and provides inspections to ensure the freshness of the ingredients.
- Develops new recipes and plans for management and maintenance of successful recipes.
- Analyzes the performance and success of all prepared dishes and recipes.
- Supervises and manages the quality control and timeliness of all served rounds of food and beverages.
- Interacts with customers, receives comments or complaints, and manages customer relations for the success of food quality, service levels and presentation.