As a representative of the kitchen staff and kitchen organizational structure, the function of a Cook is to support the goals, requirements and duties. of the Chef, support the servers and bartenders, fulfill the food orders of the patrons and help to exceed the customers’ needs and expectations by always representing and maintaining the prestige of the restaurant and banquet facilities.
- Assists restaurant administration team, Chef and other kitchen staff with operations, preparations and service to always ensure the highest level of guest experiences.
- Fulfills the scheduling and kitchen operations requirements and duties as directed by the Chef and restaurant administration team.
- Participates in and satisfies all training programs for overall kitchen staff in order to ensure that the required duties are being carried out to the extent of fullest potential.
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation protocols of the kitchen, which includes, but is not limited to the daily assigned kitchen tasks to be maintained throughout the hours of operation and prior to the end of shift, or closing.
- Maintains the personal hygiene standards and requirements for all kitchen staff and those of the venue.
- Practices safety standards within the kitchen and operations of all equipment, tools, service ware and utensils in order to prevent injuries or unwanted incidents.
- Assists the Chef as needed with the acquisition of kitchen goods, services and inventories, including ingredients and equipment.
- Advises the Chef when there are low quantities of any goods, stock inventories, ingredients, service ware, utensils or equipment.
- Assists the Chef as needed with the timely rotation of food products and provides inspections to ensure the freshness of the ingredients.
- Prepares all ingredients and recipes consistent with the menu and directions of the Chef.
- Maintains complete familiarity of the menu and enthusiastic presentation of meals in order to appropriately represent all selections and fulfill the expectations of the guests.
- Supports other kitchen staff and servers in order to attentively fulfill orders for patrons.
- Monitors the preparation and performance of all prepared dishes and recipes in order to assist the Chef with the success of all recipes and menu selections.
- Maintains the quality control and timeliness of all served rounds of food and beverages.
- Supports the Chefs responsiveness to customer relations for the success of food quality, service levels and presentation.