As a representative of the kitchen staff and kitchen organizational structure, the function of a Dishwasher is to support the goals, requirements and duties of the Chef, support the cooks and servers, and ensure that the kitchen is always properly stocked with sanitized and clean cook ware, tools, service ware, glasses, cups and utensils.
- Assists restaurant administration team, Chef and other kitchen staff with operations.
- Fulfills the scheduling and kitchen operations requirements and duties as directed by the Chef and restaurant administration team.
- Participates in and satisfies all training programs for overall kitchen staff in order to ensure that the required duties are being carried out to the extent of fullest potential.
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation protocols of the kitchen, which includes, but is not limited to the daily assigned kitchen tasks to be maintained throughout the hours of operation and prior to the end of shift, or closing.
- Maintains the personal hygiene standards and requirements for all kitchen staff and those of the venue.
- Practices safety standards within the kitchen and operations of all equipment, tools, service ware and utensils in order to prevent injuries or unwanted incidents.
- Properly prepares, sanitizes and cleans all cook ware, tools, service ware, glasses, cups and utensils in order to ensure that the kitchen, restaurant and banquet facilities are adequately stocked with these items.
- Maintains complete familiarity with the operations and service requirements for dishwashing systems, and advises the Chef and restaurant administration team of any deficiencies, malfunctions or repairs of equipment needed in a timely manner to avoid potential disruptions of service and operations.